Popular Posts

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Healthy Chicken Fried Rice

I follow Chef Marcus Samuelsson on Twitter and he tweeted this recipe for a healthy chicken fried rice.  The end product is really really good, but I think the stir fry times are off and unless you have a really really large wok or skillet it's difficult to stir fry it all together.
Next time I will stir fry the peppers and snow peas for 5 minutes, remove from them from the wok, follow with chicken, cabbage and peas, for an addtional 3-5 minutes, remove from wok and then I will stir fry the rice alone for a minute or so then I will add everything back into the wok along with final ingredients and finish it off that way.
I would also recommend using chicken thighs instead of chicken breast because it will retain it's moisture and will add more flavor.  Also, not sure what the author meant by long green peppers, so I used a poblano and several jalapenos, and for the extra fine green beans I used snow peas that I julienned. This recipe is definitely a much healthier version of many of the fried rice recipes that I've tried and it really tastes delicious.  Definitely Good Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment