Popular Posts

Monday, January 24, 2011

Steakhouse Steaks




Steakhouse Steaks
Not Your Granny's Pressure Cooker
Got Pictures!!  First I preheated my oven to 400 degrees, 2nd heated my newly seasoned cast iron skillet on med high heat for about 5 minutes. I took 2 beautiful beef tenderloins about 2" thick and brushed all sides w/ canola oil. Dipped all sides in a mixture of s&p, about 1 tsp kosher salt and 2 tbs of fresh ground black pepper. Placed them in skillet and seared all sides for 2 mins each. At about 5 mins of searing my kitchen was becoming very smokey, exhaust wasn't keeping up, so I had to open window and back door. Next time will heat skillet on med. After searing placed skillet in the oven and continued to cook until temp reached 135 for med rare, pulled from oven and let rest 5

minutes. In the meantime, I used my pressure cooker to cook some greens beans w/ Yukon gold potatoes. I love my pressure cooker, it's a WMF. If you've never used one you should try, but that's another blog. Long story short everything turned out perfectly, but I will have to let you know how the cast iron skillet cleans up. Never put a hot cast iron skillet in water until it's cooled- it will crack on you. Check out this link for WMF

No comments:

Post a Comment