Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mexican Sliced Spiced Pork Soft Tacos w/ Texas Oven Fries

This is so yummy, please try!!
This is a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal and it is really yummy.  I've never worked with fresh tomatillos before.  When you peel the husk off they are really sticky, so be sure to wash them well.  The only things that I did differently are: 1. I cut the recipe in half  2. brined my pork tenderloin over nite  3. I didn't use the pumpkin seeds b/c they weren't available at my market  4. I added a tsp of cumin to the salsa while it was cooking  5. I blended the sauce after cooking in my food processor to reduce the large chunks of tomatillo.  I thought the salsa was really good and found that it had creeping heat that I really like, although not so hot that I need extra napkins and I wasn't sweating profusely.  I really liked the potatoes too.  They baked well and had a nice crunch on the outside and tender inside.  Rachael said to cut the potatoes into 10 each, so just cut the potato in half and cut 5 slices out of each half.  For some reason, that was a challenge for me to get with the first potato. You ought to give it try.  It's simple, but it took me about 45 minutes to do it all. Good Eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment