Popular Posts

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Laura's Lean w/ Creamed Spinach and Rotini

It has been awhile since my last post, but I revisted many of my previous dishes, so nothing to post. I'm glad to be back and this is what I've got.  I subscribe to Laura's Lean Newsletters and today she had some spring recipes, so I thought I would give one a try. It probably would've been worse, but I dressed it up a bit. Before I share my additions, here is her recipe: 1 med onion finely diced, 1 lb of LL 92/8 ground beef, 1 pkg of thawed creamed spinach, 2 eggs lightly beaten, 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese. You will need to brown your beef with the onion. When beef is no longer pink, stir in the spinach, then stir in the eggs. Serve immediately over pasta and sprinkle with the cheese. Although very quick and simple, my thoughts were bland-a-rama. I kicked it up a notch by adding 6 cloves of minced garlic, kosher salt to my liking, and fresh ground pepper to the beef/onion while cooking, then followed remaining steps, and my last step was to add crushed red pepper. I served it over Rotini Pasta, but you could use whatever you have in the pantry. Healthy yes, but needs help. Try it and let me know what you did differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment