Popular Posts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chang's Spicy Chicken w/ Broccoli & Brown Rice

I went to PF Chang's recently for our 9 yr wedding anniversary and I tried the Chang's Chicken. It's similar to General Tso's Chicken, but lighter. The crust is very light, more like it's been seared quickly in hot oil. Anyway, I liked it, so I googled "Chang's Chicken and I found this recipe on Epicurious. This recipe could use some modifications.  Next time I will will only add1 tbs chili sauce, 3/4 C pineapple juice, less sugar and less vinegar. I doubled the recipe and it was pretty intense. The chili sauce and vinegar were a bit much and it was little sweeter than what I had at the restaurant. We served it over brown rice, like in the restaurant, but we added steamed broccoli to it as well.  I will make this dish again, but will modify for my taste. Try it and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, but needs to be tweaked. Be careful w/ vinegar. BTW, you supply vittles and I will cook them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the black bean & corn salsa. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete