Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Steak Fajitas

Tonight we had steak fajitas, brown rice and refried beans. The night before I marinated a 1 lb skirt steak in the Goya Mojo marinade. When t got home I got my brown rice going and heated the grill, one side on high and one side on low. For my veggies I used 1/2 red pepper/ 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/2 red onion, 2 whole jalapeƱos, a few grape tomatoes and a few whole button mushrooms. I placed all in a bowl, added a little olive oil and S&P and coated them. I placed the vegetables on the grill on the low side, closed lid and let them roast for about 30 minutes, turning often. You are looking for nice char marks on the veggies. 10 minutes before rice was finished cooking, I placed the skirt steak on the high heated side of grill and seared it for about 3 minutes on each side. I removed the veg, placed back in the bowl and added some Mojo sauce and covered. I continued to grill the steak for an additional 3-4 minutes until medium rare. I removed the steak and let it rest for 10 minutes. While the meat rested, I opened a can of refried beans, put in a bowl and nuked for 1.5 minutes. I also grilled a few small flour tortillas for about 30 seconds per side and I removed them to a plate. I cut the roasted peppers and onions into thin slices, and left the toms and shrooms whole. I served the meat with the veggies, (shrooms and toms on the side) in the warm tortilla and avocado sprinkled fajitas, rice and beans with a little shredded cheddar cheese. That's all there is to it, easy and little clean up, that's what I love about grillin. Try it and let me know what you think. Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment