Popular Posts

Friday, February 18, 2011

El Picante - Not A Winner!

If I were a restaurant critic El Picante wouldn't stand a chance. In the small town where I live a new restaurant opened and the buzz was how great it was. It had been open for a few months so we invited some friends to join us. Although they don't take reservations on a Friday nite the mgr was kind enough take ours b/c well I made a good plea. We arrived and the place was packed. One could barely enter or exit, and the design of the restaurant made it difficult to maneuver anywhere in the place. We were seated in a booth, which was also tight and uncomfortable. Every time we moved it sounded like we were breaking wind. Anyway, our server seemed rushed and rushed us to place our order, which took sometime getting to our table. The food arrived and the portions were huge and looked very appetizing. I ordered the spicy burrito which was filled with chicken, ground beef, cheese, rice and beans and smothered in a chipotle sauce and beef tips with a dollop of sour cream. Sorry, I forgot to take a photo. I was eating my burrito and I noticed what I thought was a kitty hair that may have come off of my clothing, but as I went to remove it, it kept getting longer and longer. Not a kitty hair!! Not my hair either!! Ooooh!!! I didn't return the food, it just wasn't worth it. As we were leaving, my neighbor who happened to be seated at a table next to our booth also said she found a hair in her food too, but hers appeared to be a facial hair. Ooh! It's unfortunate that this happened, because the prices were great, the food tasted good, the guacamole was fresh with chunks of avocado and the salsa was good, but I WON'T BE BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment