Popular Posts

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fried Chicken First


My brother had asked, "how about some fried chicken?". I kind of cheated since we had the deep fryer ready from last nites fry fest. Btw, this is a Ina Garten recipe and she calls it baked fried chicken, it can be found on the food network. Anyway, I started with a chicken cut up into it's respected parts and I soaked them overnite in buttermilk. Tonight when I got home I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and my deep fryer to 360 degrees. I got out a sheet tray and placed parchment paper (makes for easy clean up) on the bottom and placed a baking rack on top of the sheet tray. I mixed 2 c all purpose flour, 1 tsp kosher salt, pepper, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp paprika. I then dredged each piece of the buttermilk laden chicken into the flour mixture. Two pieces at a time I deep fried the chicken for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown. I placed the chicken pieces onto the baking rack on the sheet tray and I baked the chicken for 40 minutes until the internal temperature was at 17o degrees. While the chicken was baking I cooked up some yukon gold potatoes for 15 minutes or so. Once they were cooked thru and drained I added 1tsp kosher salt, 1tbs butter and about 1/4 c milk and mashed those babies up. I also steamed some green beans for a healthy touch. Not sure if I would do this recipe again, honestly not a big fried chicken fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment