Popular Posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chicken Stew


Tonight we made Ina Garten's Chicken Stew. There are a lot of steps in this recipe, so be sure to follow closely because it's very easy to make a mistake like I did. This recipe calls for homemade biscuits which I don't do. Anyway, I thought something was wrong with the dough, but since I never make biscuits I wasn't so sure. Anyway, the biscuit portion of the recipes called for 3/4 C half and half cream and I used 1 3/4 C of half and half. It was very very wet, but I had already placed the dough onto my surface. There was no way that I could roll out this mess, so I just kept adding flour until I thought it was at the consistency that a biscuit should have. Anyway, the stew turned out ok, but we both agreed way too oniony, I think this recipe would be better with 1 c of chopped onions and no baby onions. I didn't add the baby onions b/c I don't like them and it was still very oniony. You could also make this dish minus the biscuits and served over some Kluski Noodles. If you want to try this recipe just click on the link above and search chicken stew. It's not difficult, it just has some layers to it. I won't make this dish again, what a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment