Popular Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Spooky Chili

It's getting to be that time of year when the temperature drops, football season begins and comfort food calls. Today was one of those days that screamed chili. If you've read my posts, you know that I'm not the best chili cook. I have to keep trying, because I'm sure one day it will be good. So today I went to my dear friend the Food Network, and a recipe by Pat Neely caught my eye. I thought I would give it a try, with just a few modifications, hence the name Spooky Chili. For my chili I used 2 lbs ground chuck + 1 lb ground pork (we like meaty chili), 6 cloves chopped garlic, 1 med onion chopped, 1 green bell pepper chopped, 1 red bell pepper chopped, 1/2 of a ghost chili finely from my garden minced (hence the name Spooky Chili), 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (pureed), 1/4 c tomato paste instead of the 24 oz cans of diced toms & stewed toms, 1/2 c chicken stock (which I added with the tomatoes. Everything else I followed from Pat's Recipe. So, you are wondering how it turned out? Really good as a matter of fact, but the ghost chili really didn't seem to add the heat like I expected, so next time I will add the entire chili seeds and all. Give the recipe a try using my mods or strictly follow Pat's. Good eats!

1 comment:

  1. I think I analyze it too much. I should try your approach.

    ReplyDelete