Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potatoes with Chili's

Potatoes with Chile sprinkled with Monterrey Jack Cheese
Have you ever had Abuelos Papas Con Chile?  They are the one of best mashed potatoes that I've ever had, so I tried to recreate them.  I googled several recipes and I only found one that were like the Abuelos version.  The other recipes were "authentic", but I wasn't in the mood for authentic Papas Con Chile, so I made the following recipe from Group Recipes.  I cut the recipe in half and used 1lb of Idaho Potatoes instead of the red skin, be sure to leave the skins on.  I used 1/4 red pepper finely diced instead of the pimento and I didn't add the diced green chiles, but I did use the pickled jalapenos.  These potatoes were soooo good, definitely going to be a staple in this household.  We served these with the infamous Tejas Tacos made with ground beef minus the rice.  Give these a try, I thought they really tasted like the potatoes from Abuelos.  Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment