Popular Posts

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Surprise Visit

Miss Olivia having ice cream
I was so surprised the other day when my best girlfriend Sarah, her hubby Michael and their baby girl Olivia who I had not met yet showed up at my workplace.  I can't tell you how elated I felt.  I couldn't stop hugging them.  It was soooo emotional.  They had moved away to Arkansas and I hadn't seen them in 6+ years so you can imagine how shocked I was.  Anyway, after all the tears and hugging we took a trip down to the Village Ice Cream Parlor and shared a banana split.  It was so cute watching Olivia, this was her 2nd time ever that she had ice cream.  Needless to say she was liking the ice cream.  We headed back to my house after the dessert and just hung out, shared stories, ate food, drank coffee:o).  What is so great about our friendship is that it's like we just start where we left off and there's no awkwardness.  I love those guys and it was awesome to meet Miss Olivia, she's beautiful.  I hope it's not 6+ years until I see them again, but if it is I know that it will be just like it was on that day, a wonderful surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment