Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Texas Toast Applewood Smoked Bacon & Boursin Cheese Burgers

The picture doesn't even come close to depicting the awesomeness of this burger.  It truly was just TOO much!  If you dare to try this  here's how I did it.  I took 1.5 lbs of 80/20 ground sirloin and seasoned it generously with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  I formed them into 2 large patties.  Be sure not to work your meat too much, because it makes the burgers really dense.  I set those aside then I baked my very thick smoked applewood bacon at 375 for 20 minutes, removed and placed on paper towels to absorb excess fat.  I heated my grill pan on medium heat and began cooking my burgers.  I cooked the burgers on the first side for 5 minutes, reduced the heat to medium low and cooked an additional 2 minutes, I flipped them and cooked them on the other side for 7 minutes.  Half way thru the process I layered jalapenos, red onions, bacon and a slice of havarti cheese on the burgers and tented them with aluminum foil to help melt the cheese.  While those were finishing up,  I went ahead and baked my store bought Texas toast.  When the toast was finished I spread a layer of the Boursin Cheese on each piece of toast.  I placed the burgers on the toast and Voila you have a gourmet burger.  These are really decadent, so you might want to try making them as sliders.  We could each only finish half, so it looks like lunch is made for tomorrow.  Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully soon. We've just finished our vacation schedule.

    ReplyDelete