Popular Posts

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Disaster Dish

Like I said, tonight I was going to do something with Chorizo and unfortunately it wasn't great. I decided to add some diced chicken breast, chopped onion, chopped jalapeƱos and diced red skin potatos. I first cut mt potatoes in half and placed them in boiling water for 15 minutes. While those were going I crumpled my Chorizo and placed it in a skillet, along with the chicken and browned it. After about 12-15 minutes I removed the meats and placed them on paper towels to drain off the excess fat. I poured off all the juices/fat from the skillet minus 1 tbs. I drained my potatoes and diced them into small cubes and placed them in the skillet with the onions and the jalapeƱos and browned them over medium heat for about 10 minutes. I put the meats and the cooked potato mix in a large bowl and grated Manchego cheese over it and mixed it gently. I served it with crumples of Cotija cheese (it's a mexican type feta), along with a salad. The dish reminded me of a hash. Although it tasted good, it was dry and lacked something. Probably good as a hash with some ooyey gooey fried or poached eggs, maybe a taco or burrito filling. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment