Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grillin' and Chillin'

OMG!!!  Tonight I was inspired by this crazy salad (which isn't a salad at all) that I had at the Acapulco Mexican Restaurant down the road.  Anyway, the salad consists of grilled peppers and onions, beef, chicken and shrimp.  I took it up an notch and added some chorizo sausage that I grilled too.  I think the picture explains it all.  Absolute yumminess.  Anyway, this is how I did it.  I took 1lb of chicken tenderloins, 1/2 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips, 6 large shrimp, 1 chorizo sausage, and 1 red pepper, 1 grn bell pepper, 1 jalapeno and 1 red onion and just cut them into large pieces.  I found this awesome marinade in the mexican section of the market, it's made by Goya.  Anyway, I placed each protein into separate large plastic bags and the veggies into a plastic bag and just evenly poured the marinade into each of the 5 bags.  I also liberally sprinkled cumin into each bag and I let them marinade for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.  In the meantime I turned my gas grill to low and let it heat up.  I placed my grill pan on the grill and I let that heat up as well.  I started grillin the veggies and the chorizo sausage first since they take a while to cook through.  As those were grillin I placed my chicken tenderloins on the grill, honestly they only took about 10 minutes took cook through.  I removed the chicken and then placed the beef on the grill and those only took about 5 minutes to cook thru and removed them.  I then added the shrimp and grilled them about 2 minutes on each side.  At this point my veggies and chorizo where cooked thru.  I cut my chorizo into slices and had everything on a sheet tray and we could pick what we wanted.  While everything was grillin I cooked up some basmati rice in chicken stock and tsp of turmeric and cooked up some of my pinto beans that I had frozen.  This was so much fun to do and everything tasted great.  I will definitely do this again.  You should try it, it's so easy.  I think the key is too keep your grill on low heat, so you don't overcook the protein.  Awesome Eats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment