Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Grilled Chicken Breast with Spinach, Mushrooms & Linguini

I had some chicken breast in the refrigerator, so tonight I decided we would do something simple but loaded with flavor.  What's great about chicken and pasta is that they are a blank canvas, and you could really do whatever you wanted with it.  Tonight I went with an Italian flair, but I've also gone spanish, asian and even Indian with curry. Let's get started.  First I got my water boiling for my pasta.  While that was going I got out my grill pan and a large skillet.  I put about 1-2 tbs of Olive Oil in both pans and heated them on medium.  I took my boneless, skinless chicken breast from the frig and generously seasoned them with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and I drizzled them with olive oil.  I placed them on the heated grill pan (you should hear a nice long hiss when you place them in the pan) and I seared them for 7 minutes on the first side.  While those were searing I chopped a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley basil and set aside for the pasta.  I minced 5 garlic cloves (we love garlic), sliced a 10 oz pkg of cremini mushrooms, and I placed them in the other skillet, seasoned them with kosher salt and sauted them for about 7 minutes until the mushrooms became tender.   I then added 1/4 C chicken stock to the skillet along with a  bag of fresh spinach and sauted everything until the spinach wilted and I turned the heat off.  At this point I flipped the chicken to the other side and continue to sear them for another 7 minutes.  I cooked the chicken until it reached an internal temp of 165-170 then  I removed them, placed them in the skillet with the mushrooms and spinach and just covered it. Just a few minutes before my pasta finished cooking I removed the chicken breasts from the skillet and and sliced them on the bias and set them aside. I reserved 3/4 C of the pasta water, removed my pasta from the water and poured it into a large bowl that had the parsley, basil, tbs butter, 1tbs olive oil, and S&P and I tossed it all together.  I always reserve some of the pasta water to add to the pasta so that it will keep it from sticking together. I plated the pasta, added the mushroom, garlic and spinach over the top and then I added the sliced chicken breasts over that and sprinkled with some parmegiano reggiano.  Buen Appetito!!

No comments:

Post a Comment