Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fiesta Thursday!!

Who doesn't like Tex Mex, Mexican or Spanish flavors?  Well tonight I decided to play on those flavors for the 2nd time this week.  This is so yummy, easy and there's little clean up involved.  The other day I purchased a skirt steak that I marinated for 2 days in that GOYA marinade that I told you about in a previous post. I love that stuff and it's very economical, about $2.5 for 16 oz.  First thing,  I got my basmati rice going, I cooked it in 1.5 C chicken stock and added 1 tsp turmeric and some a tsp of kosher salt to it.  I preheated my grill to high. I wanted to do something different with the rice, so I took 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained,  2 jalapenos that I seeded and small diced, 1/2 red onion small diced, removed kernels from 2 ears of corn (not cooked), 1 handful of chopped cilantro, 4 cloves of garlic minced, the juice of 1 lime, plus some lime zest, 1 tbs of cumin, 1/2 tbs of paprika, about 1/4 C grated manchego cheese and about 2 tsp of kosher salt and I added it all to a large bowl and mixed it up and set it aside.  While my rice was cooking I placed the steak onto the grill and cooked about 5-7 minutes per side, we like our meat fairly rare as you can see from the photo. I removed the meat from the grill and let it rest about 10 minutes.  After my rice finished cooking I let it sit for about 10 minutes before I removed the lid, and then I added it the bowl of black beans, jalapenos and corn mix that I had set aside.  I mixed it up and created this really yummy rice, bean, corn dish.  Trust me it's good stuff you should try it.  Anyway, we served it up with some avocado, sour cream and more grated manchego over top.  Give it a try it's really good! Good Eats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment