Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rigatoni & Mighty Meat Sauce

Uh oh! I'm doing it again. We've had red meat everyday since last Wednesday. I know what you're thinking, but it's so yummy. Tomorrow won't be much different since I'm going to do something w/ Chorizo, yes it's pork, but Chorizo is NOT the other white meat. The good news is that the meat has been organic.

Tonight I took Marios Basic Tomato Sauce, I love Mario Batali, his dishes are just amazing, because of their simplicity. Anyway,  I had made a huge batch of the sauce last weekend.  You should definitely try this sauce it's so simple and soooo good, but be sure to use the San Marzano whole tomatoes if you do it.  Anyway, to my sauce I added 1lb of sweet Italian sausage and 1/2 lb of ground beef that I had browned and drained off the excess fat.  I simmered the meat sauce for about 30 minutes to really mesh the flavors and I served it over Rigatoni and grated fresh parmigiano reggiano over the top.  Doesn't that look yummy? As Mario would say, "Buon Appetito".

1 comment:

  1. Very yummy! Have you made the basic tomato sauce yet? If u can't find the tomatoes, Cenzo are good too!

    ReplyDelete