Popular Posts

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hotdogs- Casing or No Casing?

As a kid I was not a hot dog fan, but now I know why? It has to do with the "skin" or the casing. Most hotdogs available at your local market have no casing. I find that the dogs w/o the casing have a mushy texture. I really like my food to have texture and complexity.  I've only been able to find "Boars Head" hotdogs thus far at my local market w/ the casing and they are awesome. In my opinion you should grill them on a grill pan or on the gas or charcoal grill. When you bite into the hotdog you will hear and feel this pop of the casing breaking in your mouth. Trust me the hotdogs w/ the casing are far better than those w/o, but that's just my opinion. You compare and let me know what you think. BTW, the photo shows the hotdog w/ the casing on the left and w/o on the right. Oh yeah, I also wrapped a slice of peppered bacon around mine and grilled them and added some chopped red onion, chopped jalapenos and a little spicy mustard.  The hotdog w/ the casing still wins naked or dressed up.  You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment