Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something Healthy! Will You Try It?

Hey guys sorry it's been awhile since my last post, but most of the dishes I've made recently have been repeats.  This is a combination of several dishes using greens.  Do you ever use greens?  Well, you should because they are really good for you and they are loaded with vitamins, minerals and flavor. Kale is one of my favs and it sautes up so beautifully.  I don't cook them to death because I like for them to have some texture.  Anyway tonight we did a combination of the chicken w/ spinach and kale w/ mushrooms and asparagus.  I do a variation on this dish a lot because it tastes great and it's healthy.  So tonight I started with:  1 bag of chopped and cleaned kale, 8 oz pkg of mushrooms sliced, 1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1/2' pieces, 6 cloves of garlic minced, 8 slices of pancetta cut into small pieces, 1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1" cubes,  olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, Cavendar's greek seasoning,  italian seasoning, S&P, crushed red pepper, and chicken broth, parmigiana reggiano. I started the process by getting my water boiling for my linguini.  I then got my mushrooms sliced, asparagus cut and my garlic minced.  I set all of this aside and in the meantime added some olive oil to a large skillet and heated it on medium.  Once that was hot I added my pieces of pancetta and browned, about 5-7 minutes.  While that was browning I cut my chicken into 1" cubes, placed it in a bowl and liberally sprinkled Cavendars greek seasoning and olive oil over it and with my hands and just worked the oil and seasoning all over the chicken. I removed the pancetta from the skillet and added my chicken and half of the chopped garlic to the skillet and I cooked the chicken through about 7-10 minutes or so and removed it and set it aside.  I added my mushrooms, asparagus and remaining garlic to skillet and sauted it all for about 5 minutes then I added the kale over top, sprinkled with S&P, crushed red pepper and italian seasoning and covered it.  I checked it after about 5 minutes and stirred it and covered again until wilted and added about 1/4 C of chicken broth and I let it simmer for another 5 minutes.  It probably cooked a total of 10-15 minutes.  Once everything was finished, I plated my pasta, added the kale, mushroom, asparagus mix over top, over that added some chicken, over that the pancetta, drizzled some balsamic vinegar over that, and topped it off with freshly grated parmegiano reggiano.  That's it.  Of course we had to have some bruschetta.  Very easy, very healthy and very tasty.  This probably made enough for 4 people.  Will you try it pleeease????

No comments:

Post a Comment